Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Whrilwind Cali Trip

So Brady, Wendy and I went to California for the weekend. We left Friday night, getting into Paradise at around 6:30 at night after an 11 hour drive. The reason for the trip was so that we go attend Ashley's (our sister-in-law, married to Kyle, with the adorable kids) baptism! She has been interested in the Church for a couple years now and she finally decided to get baptized so we felt we should be there to support her. It was a great trip. My sisters, mom and me sang a primary song with Kylee (our niece). She is so cute. Anyway, it was a great day. After the baptism we went back to my parents house and we had a big family dinner. After that, we played charades, at my Dad's request. I was dreading it at first because I hate acting games, but it turned out to be a lot of fun. Now, however, my niece and nephew want to play all the time, my mom says. Fun for her! I'd post some pics of our trip but Brady and I forgot the camera! Anyway, we spent all day Saturday in Paradise and then left at 6:45 Sunday morning to come back to Provo. It took us 10 1/2 hrs on the way back. Not too shabby but I could barely move when we got home. Also, Brady and I still haven't really recovered from the sleep deprivation, but it's getting there!

2 comments:

Nal said...

How exciting! I didn't know Ashley was getting baptized. I'm so glad to hear that she did it! I know she was interested in the church back when we were sophomores. I bet your family was so excited for her! That's awesome!

Robnz Fam said...

I love how you call it paradise ;0). That is so exciting about your new little one. We'll be big and uncomfortable through the summer together...hehe, j/k! It'll be so worth it! I'm still getting through the sickness.I'm due on the 23rd of Sept, so we are super close. We went and had an early ultra sound done, because we are both impatient and wanted to know sooner. It was only $20. This lady has been doing it for years. I have my regular ultrasound on May 4th too! That is fun! I can't wait to find out what you are having!!

p.s. everytime I leave a comment for you, it says that it was unable to make my request. SO, this time I am coping and pasting my comment until it works! I learned that the hard way!!