Monday, June 6, 2011

Running


All my life I've wanted to love running. But try as I might, running and I have never gotten along. I find it tedious and I it never came easily to me so I have always felt like I'll never be a runner. But I was inspired by my sister-in-law Alyssa who runs all the time. She's in good shape, but she's not a super skinny girl like one pictures when thinking of a runner. So tonight I went on my first run since becoming pregnant (almost a year and a half ago). It wasn't as hard as I was thinking it would be! Maybe it's because I walk all the time or because of my P90X conditioning but I ran 2 miles without really trying too hard. Sure I was running about as fast as a herd of turtles, but still! And I know 2 miles in the running world isn't much but for the first run of a non-runner, I'm pretty pleased. Now whether or not I'll be super sore tomorrow remains to be seen. But I am determined to call myself a runner, one way or another (rhyme not intended, but inevitable). Let the words of encouragement in the comments begin!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you!! I need to go running. I don't remember the last time I worked out. You look great all the time though!