Sunday, October 16, 2011

I feel like I should write something

I know all of my readers wait on the edge of their seats to see my next blog post.  I'm sorry to keep you waiting so long ... haha.  Anyway.  Life in the Redfearn household is always fun and a little crazy.  Lily is awesome.  She walks like a pro, now, even with shoes on when we go outside or to the store.  She loves to watch music videos and dance.  She has some sweet moves including head bobbing, knee bending, and some arm movements.  She is eating all sorts of things now - and liking most of them.  She still sleeps pretty well.  I'm down to only nursing her at night and I'm ok with doing that for a while longer.  She loves it still and I feel sad to let my baby grow up so quickly!  She loves to get on top of things.  Short boxes, the plastic lids to her toy bins, anything.  She tries to climb everything - she can't quite make it onto the couch but she's getting close.  She gets into all sorts of mischief.  Take today for example.  I gave her a sealed mini chocolate candy (she loves to chew on them) and she had been sitting quietly for kind of a long time.  A little too long.  I lean forward and look at her face and this is what I see:

She's loving that chocolate!  haha.  So funny.  She loves to come into the kitchen and make a mess.  She takes the V8 cans out of their box so she can get into it.  And we have this box of peppermints we always get from Sonic and never eat.  Well she loves to chew on those and carry them around.  And the fridge magnets.  She is basically destroying those but I wasn't really using them anyway and I can glue them back together if need be.  Here's a shot of her in the kitchen:


Notice the V8 everywhere, the peppermints and even an upside down magnet!  She's a rascal for sure.  I took her to the library story time last Friday and she liked it, although she was squirmy and I still think she might be a bit young.  Every other kid was just sitting nicely on their mother's lap.

Now onto some other non-Lily items (as if there are such things).  I'm half way through my first grad school semester.  It's been going well!!  So far my grades are awesome and I'm managing to keep up with my word (barely).  I know now, more than ever, that going into Library Science is the perfect place for me.  Brady has been really looking into grad schools now.  So far the top picks are Penn State (in Pennsylvania) and Indiana.  I think there might have been another one but I'm not sure.  He's really liking Indiana right now, but he's only half way through the list.

 

1 comment:

Bridget said...

So cute! Lynlee broke into a pack of Skittles the other day that I gave her because she liked the crinkle...isn't it amazing what they can get themselves into?! I am so happy to hear that you are doing so well in your grad school program! We miss you guys now that you are in the student ward!