Wednesday, October 8, 2008

No time to blog

School is so time consuming. No one tells you that when you begin college, it is almost all you can do. I work a measly 10 hours a week, and the rest is usually spent going to class or doing homework. Learning another language is quite hard. I don't really enjoy it. Spanish is great and I'm glad that eventually I will be able to speak it fluently, but I have a long way to go. The grammar is very hard to remember, but I'll get through it. I've been reading the His Dark Materials series. I LOVE it. But when I told my sister this she got this weird look on her face and then said "Didn't the Church say you shouldn't read that?" And I'm like "WHAT? Hmm... I remember getting a email saying that is was completely atheist, etc. so I shouldn't watch it, but that wasn't a Church press release." But she was still thinking that I'm a devil or something. Honestly people... I'm almost done with the first book and I'm not questioning my beliefs yet. Well, I love it still, and don't think there's anything wrong with it. Anyway, now I have to go do some Philosophy and ponder the classic "If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a noise?" question, and have to think that if there is no ear to hear the noise, then perhaps it doesn't make a noise, but who even knows? I am no philosopher and I've never pretended to be. Oy vey.

No comments: