Monday, June 29, 2009

Annoyances and Updates

Well, the plan to take Spanish during the Summer term is done with. I have the beach trip coming up in August with my family, that we've been planning for months - the only time I'll get to see my whole famil this summer, I might add. Turns out that there was to be a test during the week I am going to be at the beach. I figured I'd just be able to take it early. But no. My ex-Spanish teacher decides he won't let anyone take tests early or late. So I dropped the class this morning and now I'll be focusing on doing my independent study course, which focuses on Christian fantasy (Tolkein and Lewis). Awesome, I know. Anyway, that's that I suppose. Now I'll have to take one more course next Spring term, but it will at least allow me to work all summer on campus before I'm officially graduated.
We've decided to go to St. George over 4th of July weekend to visit my grandparents. We're pretty excited about getting out of Provo for a weekend! We've been trying to go camping but the weather keeps not cooperating. It's sad. But we did get a bike hitch for our car and now we can take our bikes camping and to the beach! We are very excited.
In book news, I've been reading like a fiend. I finished up two books this weekend, one of them being The Warrior Heir the first in a triology by Cinda Williams Chima. It was fantastic! I loved it.
I went to the eye doctor last week and got a higher prescription. I used contacts for the 6 days it took for my new glasses to arrive and I liked them, they were just really uncomfortable! And they got worse each day I wore them. Regular contact wearers: does this get any better? Anyway, now I have my glasses and can see so much better! I had been wearing glasses with a prescription of -1 and now my glasses are -2 in the right eye and -3 in the left! That's about it for now. Congratulations if you got through it all!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OH man. I remember the first time I put my contacts in...it sucked. It was so uncomfortable and I just wanted to rip them out. It never got worse for me, only better. I wonder why it got worse for you? Sounds like you have a fun summer planned!

Sarah said...

I'm so happy that you liked The Warrior Heir because I really liked it. About the contacts though, it took me about a month to get used to them, it always felt like I had something in my eye (well, there was, haha). I hope it gets better for you!

Rasmussen Family said...

I've read more this past week than I have since like school! Ever heard of Louis L'Amour or Clive Cussler? Adventure/Action books that are awesome. St. George sounds fun! and Spanish, quien sabe?