Sunday, October 4, 2009

Health Issues

So, many of you who read my blog, which I'm pretty sure consists of my husband and three college roommates, know that I am sick quite a bit. I've had troubles for a couple years now with my health. Pretty much a constant upset stomach. Well, I finally went to the doctor and she told me it is either an ulcer or something wrong with my gall bladder. I've been taking some anti-acid stuff every morning 30 minutes before I eat breakfast and it actually has been helping me feel good throughout the day. So, I'm thinking it's an ulcer and I'll be going back in this week for a follow-up and will be put on a combo of 3 antibiotics so that it'll clear it up for good (hopefully). So I'm feeling much better and on my way to feeling all the way better! Unfortunately for me, usually on an ulcer people lose weight, but I am of course the exception and have gained some weight, which is really annoying since I haven't done anything to gain weight, so hopefully also I can lose some weight and get back down to a normal size. Especially since Brady and I are going to try getting pregnant pretty soon!

5 comments:

Nal said...

Good luck! I hope this solves your sickness. Keep us updated, I want to know how it works out.

Kelly Derrick Bryce and Amy said...

I am so happy you finally figured it out. I hope that it does clear it all up. If you need anything let me know.

Unknown said...

Yea for trying to get preggers!!!!! BOOO for being sick all the time! I am glad you looked into it and hopefully you can get better FAST and figure out what's wrong.

Sarah said...

Dearest Val,

#1-I'm not a former roommate or your husband and I read this blog and like it. :)

#2-I'm so glad you're feeling better, and hopefully it will keep you from being sick all of the time.

#3-I'm happy to see you tomorrow.

#4-When you have your baby, can I be an honorary auntie? ;)

Love,
Sarah

Robnz Fam said...

Hi Val! I just saw on the ward blog that you have a blog! YAY! Thanks for giving our kids yummy candy on Halloween, and by the way you looked so cute in your costume!! And I hope things get better for you. I did have an ulcer in 2nd grade and just have learned how to keep it under control. No fun, but gets better I promise! And YAY for getting pregnant soon! You two will be great parents!!
-Carrol

scrobins.blogspot.com