Wednesday, May 5, 2010

It's a Girl!


So we had our 20 week appointment yesterday. The technician waited until the very end to tell us what the baby was but I was enjoying looking at all of the baby's features so it wasn't too hard to wait. It's so amazing how you can see everything! The bones and organs looked great, her heartbeat is 150. She was also moving around like crazy! The lady doing the ultrasound asked if I had drank a coke for breakfast since the baby was so hyped up. But luckily the lady was enjoying it and not annoyed. She could barely capture the heartbeat because our little rascal was moving around too much. But we got it eventually. I am so excited to be having a girl. My sister who is a month ahead of me is also having a girl so they'll have to be great friends. I would have been happy with a boy too, but now I get to buy really cute clothes for her! Anyway, that's the update. Baby girl Redfearn was measuring 20 weeks 4 days when she's supposed to be 20 weeks 2 days but the lady said to keep my due date of September 19th, so that's what we're doing! It seems so much more real now that we know that it's a girl and can now pick a name and start calling her it! So fun.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats Val!! We had our appt. yesterday too. It was so fun to see the bones, tummy, nose, etc. I loved it. My baby's heartbeat was 150 too. So funny how close they are and both girls!

CONGRATS!! Girls are so fun, and will completely melt Brady's heart...just warning you ;0).

Unknown said...

p.s. Sparks II is me, Carrol