Sunday, March 24, 2013

33 Weeks and Potty Training

So I'm 33 weeks and 1 day, about.  Here's what I'm looking like these days:
Lily wanted to show her belly off too.
As you can imagine, I am having trouble moving around and am having some braxton hicks contractions, I think.  I've never had them before so I'm not sure what they feel like but I've been having lots of belly pain.  I am HUGE as you can tell.  I look 9 months pregnant already.  But, enough about me.

We have been trying to tackle the infamous potty training.  I'm not sure why this is such a hard thing and yet every kid must learn how to do it eventually.  Lily did great for a few hours, she went on the potty the two times I took her early on, both 1 and 2, but then when I would take her later she wouldn't go 1 and then 20 minutes later she would go in her pants.  We'll just have to keep at it.  I think she's ready, she just has to decide she is.  She likes wearing big girl underwear so hopefully that'll motivate her.  She did go number 2 twice in the toilet so I didn't have to change a poopy diaper today!  Yay!  That might be worth cleaning up a few number 1 accidents during the day.  I'm trying to do this before the baby comes - we'll see if that happens.  I'm just not too keen on having to change two children's diapers at once.  If anyone has any suggestions for potty training a kid when nothing usual works (sticker charts, treats, shopping for underwear, etc.) I'm up for hearing it!

No comments: