Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Lily is Here!

Lily Nicole Redfearn was born September 25th at 12:49am in the morning. She was 9 lbs 1 oz and 20.5 inches long. She was 5 days late, well technically 6 days. We went in on Friday to get a non-stress test to make sure the baby was doing alright. Everything looked good but her fluid was low, I think Brady said it was 2.8 when it needed to be 5. So the nurse who was doing the test said she was calling the doctor and that she thought I should be induced that day. We weren't expecting that! So we ran home so Brady could shower before we went over to the hospital. I was given pitocin at around 2 pm on Friday. It took forever for it to get me to a 4, most of the day actually, but once we hit 4.5 dilated it went super fast. The next hour when they checked I was a 6.5 and then the next hour the doc came in and said it was time to push. I pushed for almost exactly an hour and she was out! I did get an epidural and it was totally worth it. This is right after we got to the hospital.
So that is basically the story. I was in labor about 11 hours, so not too bad. Lily is now 1 week and 3 days old. We had my parents here right after she was born and now Brady's mom has been here almost a week, she leaves on Thursday. Our fridge and freezer have never been fuller from meals that both my mom and mother-in-law have been making. I'm tired but not so exhausted that I can't function. It seems like I should be more tired. Maybe my body still doesn't know that it's supposed to be tired. Anyway, Lily is awesome. I still can't believe she's here! Brady can't either and is so cute with her! We're both doing well now and hopefully that'll continue. I feel better everyday and can't wait until I'm totally healed so Lily and I can go on walks before it gets too cold and rainy. Here are a few pictures of her, there are more on facebook.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! I am so glad she is here and you had a safe and successful delivery! She is stinking cute and I loved being able to hold her not even when she was one day old! I am glad you have family helping you out so much! I'm so happy for you:)Yes, I went home and told Adam I want a baby, haha.

Robnz Fam said...

Congratulations you two!! Val, our daughters came on the same day! How fun! I was a couple of days late...no fun, I know. She is beautiful, and just so you know they ALMOST had the exact same name! We both love the name Lily.