Wednesday, September 22, 2010

3 Days Overdue

Yes, I am still pregnant, for those of you wondering. I went in to the doc on Monday and he said that I was finally dilated to a 1 and he tried, somewhat successfully, to strip the membranes so as to help labor along. I think I have had some contractions, finally, since then but they are sporadic at best. We'll go in for a non-stress test on Friday to make sure the baby is doing alright and then we'll have our regular appointment on Monday if nothing has happened by then, which I'm not optimistic it will. At that point he just said they'd try to do some encouraging things to my cervix. On the bright side, he said there are no health problems going on, which is why we didn't set an induction date I think, so we're just kind of waiting for her to decide it's time to come. The only thing wrong is that I'm not dilating. But, after weeks of nothing, it's a good sign that something is happening, even if it is small. I never know if this is too much information to put on a blog but I'm doing it anyway, so whatever. My blood pressure was way down too, almost back to normal. I think my body has forgotten it's pregnant. And no, I'm not really in that great of a mood because I'm still pregnant. Everyone I know that was due in September has had their babies, all of them weeks early. Except me. So, anyway, I guess we know that my little girl is stubborn and has a mind of her own and will not come out for anyone. Not even for mom who cries daily at her plight. I'll update again on Monday, as I will no doubt still be carrying this little girl inside me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww hun!!!! It's gonna be okay!!!! She will be here before you know it, hopefully!!!! I've been thinking of you and can't wait to meet her! Hang in there Val!!!

Brittany said...

Val! I didn't know you had a blog, I saw your link on your facebook page. Hang in there, I know it sucks. Once you get to kiss her sweet little cheeks you'll forget you were ever mad at her for coming late.

Valerie said...

Oh I'm not mad at her! I'm more mad at my body which doesn't seem to want to get ready to have her. I'm afraid I'll never be ready to have her and I'll have to have a c-section.