Friday, October 5, 2012

Time with the Duitsmans

At the end of July/beginning of August Lily and I were able to go to the beach with my family.  Brady had to work, and we needed the money, she he stayed behind.  He also had to pack us up as we had to be out of our apartment the day after Lily and I would get home.  The beach trip was a ton of fun although I will say, even with just one, I would never want to be a single parent.  Lily definitely gave me a run for my money.  She slept awesome every night, though, so that helped.  In fact, the bed we slept on was my on the normal bed and her on a trundle bed beneath me and she would be so sound asleep that she would roll off the bed, despite my sturdy barrier of pillows, and be sleeping on top of clothes and books.  I'd even pick her up and put her back and she'd still be asleep.  Anyway, I put a ton of pictures up from that trip on facebook so you can go there and look.  Here's a cute one of Lily and Chloe, though, because why not?


After we packed up and moved all of our stuff out of the apartment, Brady and his dad (who flew in to drive the van/u-haul across the country) left for the four day trek to Virginia while Lily and I got picked up by my parents to spend 4 more days with the family before we eventually flew out to meet Brady.  We had lots of fun with cousins and family and it was very sad to leave.  But Lily missed Brady, not as much as me though, so we were happy to be reunited with him.  Our flight went great.  Lily was awesome.  She ran around and said hello to everyone before the flight and then once we were in the air she fell right asleep and stayed asleep the whole flight.  It did help that the flight was a red eye.  She did get a little upset near the end but as soon as I took her out of her seat and held her, she went right to sleep and slept on me until we landed.  We made it to Virginia Friday morning around 7 on August 10th!

No comments: