Friday, October 5, 2012

Virginia!

When we flew into Virginia we were about 4 hours away from Blacksburg, where we live, but we were near Brady's parents and they ended up giving us a ton of furniture to use in our new place!  We got a couch, a dining room table and chairs, a large dresser for our room and a side table.  We ended up not leaving for Blacksburg until late Friday night and didn't get to our new place until after midnight.  The next day we had a few guys from our ward come help us unload our stuff.  I made a floor plan for Brady's brother who is on a mission and wanted to know what our place looks like.  Here it is:


Virginia so far is good.  The one thing I hate is how big the bugs are.  I had the unfortunate experience to discover a huge wolf spider in our bathroom our first week here and I still haven't recovered.  I haven't seen one since (Brady has but not in the house) but I can't get it out of my mind.  I despise spiders.  And then there are just a ton of other new bugs I've never seen or heard of before and it makes for squeamish-ness on my part.  But the people are all really nice and some of them even have southern accents.  Our town is tiny - it has a grocery store but that's about it.  Luckily, the town 10 minutes away has more, like a Walmart and Target and a small mall.  Still, I am missing Provo where everything was all so close!  The closest Costco is 3 hours away!  And we love Costco!  But we are surviving and probably saving a lot of money, too.  

No comments: