Sunday, February 3, 2013

Baby Girl #2

So we're pregnant again!  Obviously, everyone who reads this blog probably already knows this but I'll do a post on it anyway.  I'm due on May 11th, so I have about 3 months left.  During those 3 months I'll be finishing up my final semester of my Master's program.  The semester technically ends on May 13th but I'm hoping to be done earlier in May so it won't interfere with the baby delivering.  Since Lily was 6 days late and they had to force her out of me (via induction) I'm guessing this one will be the same.  Maybe she'll surprise us and come early but probably not.

The first trimester was incredibly easy.  I could hardly believe I was pregnant, except for the fact that my pants stopped fitting way faster this time than with Lily.  I felt sick a few times but nothing to really complain about.  It was good I could go and hear the heartbeat because otherwise I wasn't sure I actually was pregnant.  The second trimester, which is almost over (I'm just over 26 weeks), has been much worse.  And it is supposed to be the easy trimester!  I have had almost a constant headache and the heartburn is really bad.  But I figure that I had a ton of headaches with Lily too, I just didn't have a toddler to look after that time.  I'm already feeling huge and uncomfortable but when I compared my current bump to my bump with Lily I'm about the same size now.  I got big much more quickly but it's kind of tapered off now.

We found out it was another girl just before Christmas and we are really excited.  It means I will not have to do anything but unpack and wash all of Lily's old clothes/toys and that'll be that.  We already have another dresser so each of the girls can have one and her bassinet is already set up in Lily's room.  Lily is excited for her little sister as much as a 2 year old can be.  She knows there's a baby in mommy's tummy and she has heard the heartbeat and saw the ultrasound but it won't really set in until we bring baby #2 home.  I hope these next three months go by quickly - mainly because that means I'll be done with school forever but also because pregnancy gets weird in those last three months.  At the same time, though, I want to try to make it the best three months Lily has had since she will no longer be our only little girl and will have to share us with another little person.  Granted, she'll be the only sibling that will ever get us all to herself but she'll also have a bunch of other responsibilities because she'll be the oldest.  It's weird having my parental love extend towards another person.  I love Lily so much and couldn't imagine having another baby but, now that she is kicking the heck out of me, Baby Girl #2 has just been brought into the parental love bubble.  I think my girls will have so much fun together and there is nothing quite like a sister to be a life long friend.  Here's a grid of pictures of my two pregnancies.  I was curious what the comparison was.  It can clearly be seen that I got huge early but now the difference is not so much.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so cute! I am so happy for you and your cute family! It will be fun to see how Lily reacts! I hope you get feeling better.