Monday, January 31, 2011

4 Month Check Up

We took Lily to her 4 month well baby check up and she is doing great! I did feel bad because I had to wake her up to weigh her and everything at the doctor. It stinks that the one day that she went right back to sleep for a couple of hours after her morning feeding is the one day I can't sleep in too. But, here are her stats:

15 lbs 11 oz (86%)
28.5 in length (98%)
16.5 in head (73%)

So since her 2 month visit she's only gained a bit over a pound but the doc said that was totally fine that she wasn't growing quite as quickly as before. She also said Lily should be giving us 5-6 hour stretches consistently every night and she gives us about 3-4 consistently. So... She said we could try to let her fuss a bit to see if she can soothe herself back to sleep. I knew this day would come but it won't make it any easier trying not to rush to her side right away. But as long as she's had a good feeding and shouldn't be hungry yet we should just let her try to go back to sleep by herself. We can go check on her but not pick her up, etc. So we'll see how it goes. Now that Brady has the ok from the doc he will probably hold me down in bed so I won't go get her right away.

She did well with her shots again (so far). She cried for about a minute. I felt so bad because she was so happy and smiling at everyone and then she gets stuck with a needle! But she calmed right down and fell asleep on the ride home so she's sleeping now and hopefully will be nice and happy when she wakes up.

Also, I saw my cousin's new baby girl yesterday. She is so cute!!! She's tiny but has a lot of brown hair! She's not even a week old. Makes me want another one .... In about 2 years!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's cute that you want another one! Maybe by the time you have your second, we will be pregnant at the same time, haha. I like how Brady has the okay to pin you down, haha. Hopefully Lily can soothe herself back to sleep. I am glad y'all are doing good!