Monday, August 18, 2008

Busy Busy

Well, it has been a busy couple of weeks! To say the least. Brady and I went on vacation to Carpenteria, CA with my family. It was a great trip, lots of relaxing on the beach and boogie boarding. Although, we did have to end our trip a day early because we found out that my grandfather had passed away. I wasn't too upset when I heard the news because he had been really sick for a long time so it wasn't unexpected. Unfortunately, I wasn't prepared for the grief I experienced at the funeral an burial. I'm going to miss him. We did have a good visit with my grandma after that. I think she'll be ok, although I'm not sure if she realizes just how alone she is going to be now. She's strong, though. She'll be fine.
On a more annoying, but sort of exciting, note, our landlords decided to raise our rent, claiming that they had others who would pay even more for the place, and that raising the rent $55 was really a great deal for us. LAME. And you know what? No one is renting the house for more than that. He totally lied to us. So stupid. But since we've had a horrible experience here, we are glad to be moving on and are excited to move into our new place. The landlords are a pair of twins, the brother doing all the handy work, and the sister handling the finances. It is all newly remodeled too, so it's really nice. And it's not a basement, which makes me love it!! Awesome. Anyway, so we are packing up a storm and trying to get ready for the move. Only about 10 days now and we'll be in our new place. Anyway, that's about it.

No comments: