Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I can't take the boredom!

It's just too much. Here at work it is VERY slow, excruciatingly slow. I often wonder what I could get done if every time it was slow at work I could go home. Would I read twice as many books? Would I clean the house twice as often? Or would I simply get in some good lounging time? I would most definitely watch more Gilmore Girls. I could have the apartment packed in no time at all. Perhaps I could learn to speak French and Spanish. Or figure out how to make a chocolate sufle. I could work out a ton, and get really big muscles. I could adopt a kitty and have time to take care of her. Or maybe I could write a book. By now, if I had been able to go home ever boring day at work, I could probably have written at least 2 books, maybe more. Perhaps I would already be a celebrity and making millions of dollars. But, I suppose we'll never know what could have become of all the long, slow, boring hours that I've spent at work.

1 comment:

Nal said...

Val, I know exactly what you are feeling! Many times I am board at work. That is when I read blogs and look at Facebook. I wish they would pay me and let me go home and get things done.